Department: Commercial Operations
Reporting to: Head of Alliance & Contract Management
Location: HQ in Paris
Cross Functional / Team Alignment / Synergies with:
- Commercial Operations / BD and Customer Service
- External Partners (B2B / B2C Customers)
- Business lawyers
- Contract Management Specialist
- All other relevant functions within the Substipharm Organisation
Job Summary: (overview)
You will play a pivotal role within the Alliance Management Team, becoming a prominent face of our organization in external contexts. Your primary objective is to provide the highest quality management framework and fostering strategic partnerships. Not only just meeting the partners needs but surpassing their expectations and expanding the collaborative efforts. At Substipharm, we recognize the significance of service, and our emphasis on partnership management is one of the many distinguishing factors that attract companies to collaborate with us.
Your role will require close collaboration across departments, making you the primary point of contact for our partners. You will act as their advocate, conveying their perspectives within our organization and advocating for their requirements. Your responsibilities will extend throughout the partnership’s lifespan, ensuring comprehensive delivery across all business objectives and contractual obligations. You will lead negotiations with partners and keep the partnership energized and goal oriented.
Leadership / Management / Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct report in this role (Y/N)? N
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in the role (job description):
- Collaborate with partners to set the direction and scope for partnership agreements: define and negotiate respective roles and responsibilities.
- Communicate and work with internal teams to ensure alignment and understanding of deliverables and any potential bottlenecks.
- Ensure impeccable execution and timely delivery by aligning external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify potential risks and challenges associated with alliances and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Facilitate productive joint meetings, including preparation, scheduling, documentation, and communication of outcomes (agenda, minutes, etc.).
- Negotiate amendments to existing agreements as needed.
- Provide support to Business Development Team in initiating new partnerships.
- Meet with partners and represent Substipharm in conferences.
Essential ‘Technical’ Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of contracts in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- MUST-HAVE: Seasoned negotiator
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Knowledge, Experience and Behavioral Competencies: (Person Spec.)
- Strong command of English
- MUST-HAVE: Rigour, organizational skills
- An outstanding ability to interact with others (external and internal stakeholders).
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self-confident individual with strong negotiation skills and personal integrity.
- Strong drive and enthusiasm with a zeal to satisfy partners: excellent customer service skills.
Essential Education and Qualifications:
- Experience within Pharmaceutical industry in Alliance Management / Key Account Management / Business Development
- Work experience in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in managing cross functional teams (e.g. leading by influence)
Physical Requirements of the Role and work flexibility
- Communication with third parties in different time zones.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders under tight timelines.